Top Ten FILM NOIR
Reasons to Renew or Join Today!
>> Renew HERE
10) Do you know that the world is a foul sty? Do you know that if you ripped the fronts off houses you’d find swine? The world is a hell. What does it matter what happens in it as long as you’re a NAC member.
9) Face to face with a painting we shuffle our feet and apologize. We say ‘I don’t know much about art, but I know what I like.’ Well, why apologize? If knowing what you like is a good enough for picking out a wife or a husband, a pair of shoes or a new hat, what’s wrong with the same rules for art? That’s why you ought to join NAC, of all the gallery joints, they get that.
8) Almost everything is addition or subtraction. Everything else is just time killing conversation. How about you fork some cake over to NAC for a membership and we can stop flapping our lips about it.
7) For me it was cheap hotels, cheap restaurants, and cheap friends. That all changed when I signed on with the NAC outfit. I wouldn’t say it was a step up, or even a step in the right direction, but it made me move my feet.
6) Money. You know what that is? It’s the stuff you never have enough of. Little germ covered pieces of paper that people slave for, commit crimes for, die for. It’s the stuff that’s caused more trouble in the world than anything else. Do yourself a favour, kid, unload what you can of it on NAC and save yourself some heartache.
5) A gun or a knife, a nightstick or a razor, something the other guy ain’t got. Yeh, a little extra reach on a punch; a set of brass knuckles; a stripe on a sleeve; a badge that says cop. A nice sized rock in your hand. A big bankroll in your breast pocket. A NAC membership card on our hip. That’s an edge pal. Without an edge you don’t want to be playing the game.
4) I want you to do something. I want you to get yourself out of bed, get down to NAC, walk right in there and renew your membership. Otherwise, you only got another day to live.
3) On a rainy night, the kinda night where you don’t know your friends but strangers look familiar, on a night like that, the smartest thing to do is renew your NAC membership.
2) With this NAC membership I can get away from you. From you and your chickens and your pies and your kitchens and everything that smells of grease. I can get away from this shack with its cheap furniture. And this town and its dollar days, and its women that wear uniforms and its men that wear overalls. Or maybe not. But I’ll at least know in my heart that I’m somebody, I’m a NAC member.
1) The gates only open three times: When you come in, when you’ve served your time, and when you become a NAC member.