Niagara Artists Centre (NAC) is a not-for-profit, charitably registered, collective formed by and dedicated to serving the working artists and community of Niagara.
NAC provides a forum for the development, exhibition and appreciation of contemporary visual and media art by providing facilities, equipment, professional expertise and a supportive atmosphere for arts research, advocacy, and dissemination.
Over our 50+ years, our programming has strived to address systemic barriers within the art world. We work to provide models for access and engagement with our many programs that reflect Niagara’s diverse and changing community.
- choosing regional, national and international exhibits of special interest to the community
- programming that reflects Niagara’s diverse and changing community
- balancing examples of regional practice with the work of artists from outside Niagara
- maintaining artist fees and project-related expenses above minimum CARFAC standards
- a members’ gallery, main gallery, street-level window gallery, an off-site gallery, and a multi-purpose place of assembly
- a rooftop patio for performance and film
- a mobile stage for literary and performing arts
- a tool library for member artists to create and present work
- a collective studio space which includes a fully equipped print studio available for use by NAC Members