CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Deadline to apply: Friday 4 June 2021 / 11:59 PM
The Mighty Niagara Film Fest
The Mighty Niagara Film Fest launches this summer. Produced and organized by the Niagara Artists Centre (NAC), the festival is also supported by many community partners, The Mighty Niagara Film Fest will screen films made about or in Niagara, by filmmakers with connections to the region, as well as films of special interest to Niagara audiences.
The festival will be presented at in-person outdoor screenings and in virtual cinemas on demand. Films will screen over one weekend, from Thursday 15 to Sunday 18 of July 2021 at unique venues across Niagara including the Thomas Craig Oliver Terrace atop Niagara Artists Centre in downtown St. Catharines and the vineyards of the Stratus Winery.
The Mighty Niagara Film Fest accepts submissions of recent film and media works including feature and short length, live-action, documentary, animation, and experiments in moving image media. Submissions will be reviewed by the Niagara Artists Centre’s film programming committee including Brock University professors emeriti Barry K. Grant and Joan Nicks. Grant and Nicks ran the BUFS series for many years and anchored NAC’s Film Programming Group at The Film House.
- Submitted film work must be made within the Niagara region and/or made by artists residing in the Niagara region, or relevant themes connected to the Niagara community.
- Accepted formats: shorts, features, documentaries, fiction, experimental.
- If you are submitting analogue media, please contact us directly.
- Short films must be no longer than 49 minutes. Features must be no less than 50 minutes.
- Completion date of films should be within the past 5 years or ready for delivery by 1 July 2021.
Terms + Conditions
- No entry fees to apply.
- Collective or individual submissions accepted.
- Up to 3 works submitted per applicant per year.
- CARFAC fees will be paid to artists accepted, in Canadian currency.
- All languages accepted, non-english dialogue requires English subtitles.
- Films can be available online and in other platforms and still enter the competition.
- No film may be withdrawn from the festival program after its selection.
- Submissions may be scheduled with other works to fill in the program.