Top 10 reasons your high school ex thinks you should become a NAC member
10) I’ve been a NAC member a lot of times. Like 50 times. I was a NAC member just yesterday.
9) You want to become a NAC member? Yeah, I guess. Whatever.
8) I wrote this song for you: “One day last November, I realized my love was like an ember, and while it will soon be December, like hot candle wax, one touch and my NAC membership is now ready to be renewed.”
7) You should become a member because the backseat of your mom’s minivan smells like menthol cigarettes and is there like, anywhere else we could go?
6) We are both going away to university, and because I care about you and your full potential, I just want to make sure you are free to explore new artist-run centre opportunities.
5) Now that I am nearing the end of my freshman year, I am extremely happy with the way things are going, and I am very well-liked and fashionable. I hear you have purchased a NAC membership and go there often. Can you confirm if this is true?
4) I know you are “very satisfied” with your use of the Dennis Tourbin Members Gallery, exhibition and project space, but did you know NAC memberships are fully refundable if you’re not completely satisfied for any reason? I know that. Do you?
3) I made a horrible mistake. You’ve really integrated into your local art scene and blossomed as a human. I see that now. When you renew your membership, can you get me one too?
2) Heeey. You should become a mega-member because you’ve been ignoring my Facebook requests for over a year and NAC Supporters are googleable.
1) OH HI! I just happened upon your job update on Linkedin from a few years back. Congrats! I’m really into not-for-profit art organization models that do not charge admission fees, and just wanted to say ‘Buongiorno, Bella!’