Niagara Artists Centre is a not-for-profit, charitably registered, member-driven collective formed by and dedicated to serving the working artists and community of Niagara.
”Founded in 1969 as a collective of working artists, NAC is one of the oldest artist-run organizations in Canada.
NAC believes that the arts and critical dialogue on the arts are integral to a healthy community.
NAC gratefully acknowledges the support of the Canada Council for the Arts, the Ontario Arts Council, the City of St. Catharines, Ontario Trillium Foundation, Niagara Community Foundation and Delta Bingo Players.
Board of Directors
Ryan’s love for building is lifelong. From an early age, he took things apart and rebuilt them in new, creative ways. Later he became a licensed aircraft maintenance engineer where he worked on servicing and repairing some of the largest aircrafts in the sky. Ryan’s many creative achievements have earned him the Top 40 Under 40 award for entrepreneurs in the Niagara Region.
Niagara Artists Company is a not-for-profit, charitably registered, collective formed by and dedicated to serving the working artists and community of Niagara.
NAC provides a forum for the development, exhibition and appreciation of contemporary art by providing facilities, equipment, professional expertise and a supportive atmosphere for arts research, advocacy and dissemination.
NAC believes that the arts and a critical dialogue on the arts are integral to a healthy community.
NAC is striving to educate and contribute to a community that gets excited about art, that supports and recognizes local artists and cultural institutions, and that understands an investment in the arts is an act of enlightened self-interest.
- Enhance cross-cultural relations
- Increase professional artist memberships
- Sustain satellite activities – film, literary, performing, and interdisciplinary arts
- Innovate publications, catalogues
- Increase member-driven programming
- Increase member career development
- Increase educational programming
- Increase audiences
- Maintain program continuity – three galleries
- Increase publications, catalogues
- Increase educational programming
- Increase public art initiatives
- Increase public recognition
- Increase human resources, volunteers
- Increase membership and donors
- Increase political advocacy for artists
- Add strategic business alliances, partners
- Assume leadership as an Artist-run Centre
RESOURCE MANAGEMENT – HUMAN, FACILITY, EQUIPMENT, FINANCIAL
- Diversify revenue sources
- Create accessible digital archives
- Expand tool library for artists
General Program Guidelines
- Provide a platform for interdisciplinary contemporary art
- Provide a members’ gallery, main gallery and multi-purpose place of assembly
- Choose regional, national and international exhibits of special interest to the community
- Balance examples of regional practice with the work of artists from outside Niagara
- Maintain artist fees and project-related expenses above minimum CARFAC standards
Niagara Artists Centre offers a resource for the development of the contemporary arts in Niagara and a forum for the appreciation of contemporary arts in Niagara.
As a Resource to Member Artists, NAC provides:
- Exhibition space/members’ gallery
- Professional expertise
- A tool library
- Educational workshops and publications
- Communication network, bulletins, information
- A film library
- Promotion, referrals, and liaison to clients
- Advocacy for the rights of artists
As a Forum for the Appreciation of Contemporary Arts in the community, NAC provides:
- Juried exhibitions in its Main Exhibition Space
- Educational workshops/screenings
- Referrals and liaison with artists
- Information and a library
- Film collection
NAC . . .
- Provides a platform for interdisciplinary contemporary art
- Provides a members’ gallery, main gallery and multi-purpose place of assembly
- Chooses regional, national and international exhibits of special interest to the community
- Balances examples of regional practice with the work of artists from outside Niagara
- Maintains artist fees and project-related expenses above minimum CARFAC rates
- Offers a resource for the development of the contemporary arts in Niagara
- Is a forum for the appreciation of contemporary arts in Niagara