JFM – looking for fun since ’81!
It’s membership month at the Niagara Artists Centre! In our NAC Member of the Moment series, we ask NAC members about art in Niagara and the number one reason to join NAC. Artist and NAC Studio Manager Jesse Frank Matthews tells us why he got involved with NAC and about some memorable NAC experiences
JFM is a sound and collage artist who recently moved back to the Niagara Region. He’ll playing THIS Saturday 10 June at NAC’s Summer Rooftop Kick Off Party. Check out his EP Return to the Garden City here.
1. When did you become a NAC member and why?
2000. Fresh outta high school, very confused and looking for like-minded weirdos.
2. Are you an artist, an art appreciator or both?
I make collages of found materials, sometimes with paper but more often with sounds.
3. What’s the best thing about being an artist in Niagara?
Since I returned to Niagara last year it has been the scents that inspire me the most.
4. Name a Niagara artist whose work knocks your socks off.
5. Tell us about a memorable NAC experience.
Playing while on mushrooms with The Strag on Bond Street, sweating so much I couldn’t see.
6. What’s the number one reason to become a NAC member?
See answer to answer to question 1.
‘ladies night’ VHS treated by RatTail’s Jesse Frank Matthews