Call for Submissions
STRUTT WEARABLE ART RUNWAY SHOW
Deadline for proposals: Sat 31 Aug 2013
The Niagara Artists Centre seeks creations that transform the human body through the imagination. STRUTT is NOT a fashion show. It is a WEARABLE ART SHOW. The selection committee will not consider ‘fashion forward’ clothing. They are seeking wearable art that can be performed on the runway, not modelled. They are looking for pieces that astound audiences and push boundaries. STRUTT is a challenge to create evocative, fantastic, and one-of-a-kind works of art for the human body.
Proposals for the 14th STRUTT Wearable Art Runway Show are now being accepted!
- Entry fee of $25 per individual submitting to STRUTT.
This fee can be paid by phone with MasterCard or Visa,
or at NAC with debit, credit, cash, cheque.
- Artists must submit proposals electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have any questions or require more information please contact
Natasha Pedros at email@example.com
PROPOSALS MUST CONTAIN
- Artist’s contact information (address, email, and phone number);
- Please let us know if you’re a student and what school you attend;
- Proposal(s) must have a title and be accompanied by a list of the materials used, the size, and a description that is no longer than 50 words;
- Proposal(s) must include at least one hand or computer drawing. Artists are encouraged to include what ever number of illustrations they feel is necessary to communicate their proposal. Or, artists may submit for consideration digital photos of the finished work (via email);
- If available, artists may submit examples of wearable art they’ve created;
- A selections committee will review the proposals. A limited number of submissions will be accepted into this year’s wearable art show;
- A $25 dollar entry fee (payable by cheque, cash, debit, visa, mastercard).
- Artists accepted into STRUTT will receive a minimum fee of $150;
- Accepted artists agree to waive fees for the reproduction of their work for promotional purposes;
- Entries will be presented on a stage and need to withstand being taken on and off for multiple times;
- Wearable art performed in previous STRUTT shows will not be considered;
- NAC accepts no responsibility for lost or damaged wearable art.
- Entries will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Creativity and originality (not street-wear)
- Choice and use of materials
- Ability to engage audiences
DATES TO REMEMBER
- Deadline for Proposals – Saturday 31 August
- Notification of Successful Entries – Friday 6 September
- Deadline for FINISHED Art Work – Saturday 19 October
- STRUTT WEARABLE ART WEEKEND Friday 15 November + Saturday 16 November
- STRUTT Wearable Art Runway Show – Saturday 16 November