A collection of multi-tenanted community workspaces designed and developed to encourage collaboration, innovation, and productivity.
◦ shared spaces, resources, and technology
◦ public access to workshop programs
◦ visual and performing arts will be served – as well as engineers, musicians, and makers from all walks of life
Recommended spaces include:
◦ maker space – with as many as ten maker stations
◦ a multi-use presentation venue for film/cabaret/music
◦ recording studio for music and audio projects
Other space for rent:
◦ artist studios
◦ meeting rooms
Based on survey results from over 150 individual makers — types of spaces will include woodworking, finishing, digital printing, textile and fibre arts, jewelry-making, prop-making, and metal fabrication.
Some stations will support more than one type of making, such as the CNC router, laser cutting machines and the recording studio.
NAC is exploring the exciting possibilities of building attainable live/work units for artists. These spaces will be designed to accommodate and foster a variety of creative processes. Along with live/work spaces there will be common spaces, meeting rooms, and green space that encourage tenant engagement, cooperation, and community involvement.